Silent Killer

You can’t see it, smell it, or taste it; but it can kill you… a gas known as the “silent killer”.

CO is produced by common household appliances: Water heaters, clothes dryers, kitchen gas ranges, ovens or cook tops, wood burning stoves, charcoal grills, propane heaters, gas wall heater

Early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning such as headaches, dizziness, nausea, and fatigue are often mistaken for the flu because the deadly gas goes undetected in a home.carbon_mon_detect

Advanced symptoms include confusion, depression, impaired judgment, hallucinations, agitation, vomiting, drowsiness, fainting, memory problems and visual changes.

California’s Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act of 2010 (SB183) requires that all residential property be equipped with a carbon monoxide detector when the property has… a) “fossil fuel” burning heater or appliance, b) fireplace, c) or an attached garage.


The law provides that all single-family homes, including individually-owned condos, (owner or tenant occupied) must be equipped with a detector as of July 1, 2011. All other residential units (multi-family apartments and condominiums) must be equipped with a detector on or before January 1, 2013.

The best protection from carbon monoxide poisoning is to install a carbon monoxide alarm on each level of your home.

You can count on the knowledgeable inspectors at Pacific Coast Inspections to identify potential sources of carbon monoxide: incorrectly installed furnaces, water heaters… disconnected ducts. Call us today for a comprehensive home inspection.

 

Pacific Coast Inspection's Facebook Pacific Coast Inspection's LinkedIn Pacific Coast Inspection's Twitter Pacific Coast Inspection's YouTube